Making Mistakes Can Become Your Competitive Advantage
It’s a nearly unanimous truth in leadership – mistakes are often the most powerful way to learn. This includes you as a leader and you helping those who report to you learn from their mistakes as well.
But pointing out the mistakes of others is a tricky business, usually requiring some advanced planning and scripting, a calm, quiet environment and a bit of compassionate courageousness.
A little help is at hand. Below are some of the most inspiring quotes on the value of mistakes we’ve come across so far. If you have some of your own, please let us know.
1. While one person hesitates because he feels inferior, the other is busy making mistakes and becoming superior. – Henry C. Link
2. To avoid situations in which you might make mistakes may be the biggest mistake of all. – Peter McWilliams
3. Mistakes are part of the dues one pays for a full life. -Sophia Loren
4. A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing. – George Bernard Shaw
5. A man’s mistakes are his portals of discovery. – James Joyce
6. Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes. – Mahatma Gandhi
7. Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep. – Scott Adams
8. Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new. – Albert Einstein
9. All men make mistakes, but only wise men learn from their mistakes. – Winston Churchill
10. Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake. – Napoleon Bonaparte